Sunday, October 22, 2017

"Horoscopes? Ouija Boards? Séances? Are They Really Harmless?" by Dr. MaryAnn Diorio

Hey, Gabriel Guys!
With Halloween close on our heels, we are entering the yearly period of intense occult activity in our land. Not that the occult isn’t alive and active all year round. But at this time of year, it steps up its game. 
What is the occult, and why is it dangerous?

The occult is involvement with demonic supernatural agents. Notice that I said “demonic” supernatural agents. Good angels are also supernatural agents, but they are by no means occultic in nature or function. Instead, they are holy and in total submission to God.
Demons, on the contrary, are in rebellion to God. Demons represent the one-third of the angels who joined Lucifer in rebelling against God. The other two-thirds of the angels remained faithful to God.
Many people today are involved in the occult and don’t even know it. Perhaps you are one of them. If so, read on, because involvement in the occult is extremely dangerous to your spiritual, emotional, mental, and physical well-being.
How can you know if you are involved in the occult? Here are a few questions to ask yourself:
1–Do you start your day by reading your horoscope?
2–Do you call the psychic hotline when facing a problem?
3–Have you gone to a séance, consulted a fortune-teller, or spoken to someone you believed was a dead relative or friend? 
4–Have you played with a Ouija board or experimented with levitation?
5–Have you played with tarot cards, read tea leaves, or used crystal balls to determine the future?
6–Do you play occult games like Dungeons and Dragons or Tunnels and Trolls?
7–Have you had your body tattooed in private places?
8–Do you use occult symbols on your personal belongings–symbols like the pentagram, the number 666, or horned creatures?
9–Do you easily rebel against authority? 
10-Have you engaged in animal sacrifices?
11-Do you watch horror or occult movies or read horror or occult books, like Harry Potter?
12-Have you had out-of-body experiences that terrified you?
13-Are you addicted to drugs?
14-Do you deliberately cut yourself?
15-Are you inordinately depressed, to the point of wanting to commit suicide?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, you need to take action!  Even if you’ve experimented with the occult “only one time,” you’ve opened the door to a demonic realm that is affecting your life at this very moment.
For example, do you experience panic attacks, nightmares, or inordinate fear? These symptoms could very well be due to your involvement–past or present–with the occult. 
Or perhaps you are tormented by voices continually talking in your head. You may be afraid to tell anyone about these voices for fear you would be considered insane. You may see horrible images in your mind that drive you to distraction, yet you are afraid or embarrassed to share this with anyone. You may have an inordinate fear of something but are unwilling to divulge it. This fear may be due to your involvement in the occult. In worst case scenarios, involvement with the occult could result in a complete takeover of your personality by demonic spirits–something called “demon possession.” 
If you are, indeed, involved in the occult, there is hope for you! That hope is in Jesus Christ!  Before I gave my life to Jesus, I used to read the daily horoscope, unaware of its grave dangers. After I was born again, Holy Spirit showed me in the Bible that what I was doing was sin. I immediately repented and stopped reading the horoscope.
Also, I learned that some of my ancestors had been involved in the occult and, as a result, had passed on to me a generational curse. So, I underwent deliverance ministry whereby I was set free from the generational curse of occult involvement. 
If you have been involved in the occult, you, too, can be set free by the power of Jesus Christ. Jesus is not only able to set you free; He wants to set you free. Go to Him now! Here is a prayer you can use as a model as you ask for His help:
Father God, in the Name of Jesus I confess my involvement with the occult. I also confess any involvement of my ancestors, on both sides of my family, all the way back to Adam and Eve. In the Name of Jesus, I repent of my personal involvement with the occult, and I repent of the involvement of any of my ancestors with the occult. I ask Your forgiveness for my personal sin and for the sin of my ancestors. In the Name of Jesus, I break the power of the generational curse of the occult from operating in my life or in the lives of my descendants. I thank You, Father, for Your cleansing power that sets me free from the curse. Amen!
I’ve listed below some further resources for you. Please take advantage of them as you so choose. If you need prayer or a referral to a deliverance minister, please contact me at drmaryann@maryanndiorio.com. I will be happy to help you.

FURTHER RESOURCES FOR DELIVERANCE FROM OCCULT INVOLVEMENT:
1 – My short podcast on the occult: “The Dangers of the Occult”.
Disclaimer: I am an Amazon Associate Affiliate and receive a small commission on the sale of the above books.
____________________________________________________
Copyright 2017 by MaryAnn Diorio, PhD, MFA. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment